Sunday, January 27, 2013
On a roll, and then, a speed bump.
I never intended to write everyday, but I don't want to feel derailed either. I'm trying very hard to focus on myself and then I get slapped back into reality. I hate that. I would like to have enjoyed a few more days of feeling confident about being able to make myself a priority. Sadly, this was not the case. I can not break through the Old Guy's skull and make him understand that when he is sick he does NOTHING. I don't expect him to, I cater to what he needs, do what I normally would do that day and do what he would do that day (which usually means, do dishes all day since he took that chore over to prove a point- and the only point he ended up proving was he should not talk smack when he can't back it up...) When the day comes that I really need to rest, lay, recover- whatever. It does not happen. I tried nicely to say several times I am not only not feeling well, but I am having a day where every part of my body is HURTING! That didn't get through. If I'm just hurting, well, then I could.... No, not today. Didn't work. Not at all. I keep trying to be nice about it, but I am sick, tired, hurting, frustrated, and he won't stop- so, nice eventually goes out the window. No, becomes an argument because I am not doing what he thinks I should be doing. I NEED A SICK DAY! It happens. Geez. I try not to, but I really need to give myself permission to not do those things that can wait until I feel better and I do not need someone yelling at me because they aren't getting their way. I may need to keep count of how often I am sick to the point where I can't. It isn't often. There are a lot of days where I don't want to, but always end up doing it. Eventually, it will have to be done and I am the one to do it- I don't want to be behind. I am just frustrated. I feel invisible and I think there is no worse feeling than that. No one can see my needs and no one can hear my voice. Super big sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment