How it works:
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
The Start Date:
1/22/2013
1/22/2013
The End Date:
10/26/2015
10/26/2015
Highlighted in yellow= in progress
Highlighted in this color=done
Highlighted in this color=done
1. Visit my "Greats" in Texas.
2. Visit my brother's grave.
3. Utilize respite more than once.
4. Visit a new beach each summer.
5. Read the entire Bible.
6. Read books for fun, especially the ones sitting on my Nook waiting for me.
7. Visit my Cuddly Little Buddy, his Momma, and his Dad too. Ok, even Nana.
8. Take a REAL vacation, not to visit family, solely for fun!
9. Bring home too much wine from Helen. It seems like a guilty pleasure.
10. Get a new Ipod.
11. Save, save, save.
12. Buy new living room furniture.
13. Replace flooring downstairs.
14. Get a bigger tv.
15. Take the time to get my feelings off my chest using this poor, old, blog.
16. Not care who reads my feelings anymore.
17. Go back to school.
18. Update my address book, after purchasing a new address book.
19. Buy paint every month until the entire inside of the house is painted.
20. Kitchen counters and a new sink... for no particular reason than just because I want to.
21. Fancy, large washer and dryer.
22. Soak in my tub. Waste the time and the water. I'm worth it.
23. Send random letters and packages, like I used to. Just because.
24. Find a hobby. Love it, do it.
25. Work on the yard- flowers, bushes, etc.
26. Grow the little garden I want.
27. Get a birdbath or a fountain.
28. Crack and get a pedicure for the first time.
29. Find a way to help my muscles feel better. Do whatever it is to not be in pain.
30. Find a way to relax in the yard... furniture or hammock or... find it.
31. Redecorate the living room. Make it mine.
32. Visit some alligators or find them in Eufala.
33. Have a picnic.
34. Figure out how to enjoy lake and/or ocean water without freaking out.
35. Explore GaBama. Back to those day trips.
36. Do something spontaneous on a regular basis. Sounds simple, this is hard for me.
37. Get a paver at the NIM for the Old Guy.
38. Plant a lilac bush.
39. Take the train excursion around Georgia.
40. Cook something new ( probably from Pinterest) each week.
41. Eat at home more.
42. When Phil's stuff leaves the garage, get it organized nicely again.
43. Organize the hall closet.
44. Get new guinea pigs.
45. Keep applying for WWW retreats. I'll get in one!
46. Find someone who doesn't mind picking up dog poop!
47. Color my hair. I want to, I don't want to, I kinda do...
48. Have a night out, dressed up, without kids each month.
49. Summer visit to Helen, tube the Chattahoochee. Go in Feb. and do it if feeling really crazy!
50. Get my piano moved from KC to Alabama.
51. Plant a new Myrtle.
52. Buy new shoes. Lots of them. UNDERWAY!
53. Keep encouraging education.
54. Keep setting people up to pay it forward.
55. Focus on me, at least a little each day.
56. Read the magazines I subscribe to.
57. Get a better camera.
58. Take more pictures to preserve the memories.
59. Start wearing earrings again. Hmm, maybe get more earrings.
60. Spend a weekend halfway between here and the Currys- with the Currys.
61. See Rock City.
62. See Ruby Falls.
63. Get another fish tank. Don't let the Old Guy kill these fish.
64. Visit Gagen. I miss her. A lot.
65. Get the last two ceiling fans done.
66. New light fixtures in the bathrooms.
67. Clean the grassy mess behind our fence. OR Pay someone to do it.
68. Pray more. ACTIP.
69. Live more. Do the crazy things I always think I should not do.
70. Drink more. Work towards kicking the soda habit.
71. OMG, I almost forgot get a new kitchen table!
72. Find a part-time job to have an excuse to get out of the house every now and then.
73. Record and watch what I want on my TiVo.
74. Enjoy my days of doing nothing! Don't feel bad about them, recharge!
75. Stop apologizing when it isn't necessary. Some things I can not change.
76. Start saving for the 25th Anniversary trip- 7-6-2016
77. Relax when I can and sleep when I need it.
78. Accept my limitations. No one can do everything.
79. Give up grief. It does not change things and lessons the amazing memories.
80. Live the Serenity Prayer. My to-do list can not contain fix all the problems in the world.
81. Live in the now.
82. Go to my Caregiver meeting each month, even when I don't like my CGC.
83. Lower my already low expectations. Keep them low for everyone.
84. Be surprised and happy when people exceed my expectations.
85. Eat at Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah. Even try the fried chicken.
86. Visit as many restaurants featured on TV as possible.
87. Find something that connects our phones to help manage appointments.
88. Buy a new purse every season. Just because.
89. Christmas cards. Figure out time to get them done again.
90. Get more frames, hang up those pictures.
91. Give thanks and count blessings each day. Every day, no matter what.
92. Keep up with the Kardashians. Some how, it makes me feel better about my life???
93. Have fun. Life is too short not too.
94. Appreciate the small things, they matter the most.
95. Watch Ferris Bueller and be reminded that fun is necessary.
96. Find motivation when needed.
97. Visit family too. They are hard to be away from.
98. Don't feel bad for doing the things I want to do on this list.
99. Make a new list right before this list ends.
100. Donate $10 for every item left undone on the list to a worthy cause.
101. Give away $100 to someone for completing the list.
Wow, I did it! It took several hours, one large break, and it all came out. Feels totally selfish and I can't wait to accomplish them all. 1001 days doesn't put any extra pressure on me- and I need to re-adjust some of my focus. What a perfect way to start!
Wow, I did it! It took several hours, one large break, and it all came out. Feels totally selfish and I can't wait to accomplish them all. 1001 days doesn't put any extra pressure on me- and I need to re-adjust some of my focus. What a perfect way to start!
No comments:
Post a Comment