It was a nice Father's Day. We got to sleep in and not wake up to an alarm! Ahhh. Love that. Brandon was amused when I told him that I felt I should be the first to tell him Happy Father's Day since it was my fault he was a father. It was funny to us both, and laughing is good. We had breakfast for lunch, because that is what he wanted. What was I to do, it's Father's Day. Ok, in fairness, at our house almost everyday is Father's Day. Just today, the boys don't complain about everything revolving around Dad. I got him a guitar strap. I can't believe I'm encouraging the guitar, but what he wants- he gets. He loved it. That is all that matters.
Last night we played Monopoly. All of us. Hard to believe that we had our own hippies all to ourselves on a Saturday night. We had some good ol' family fun. It was one of those you just have to treasure because it's hard to deny how fast the boys have grown, their 20's are just around the corner, and Mom and Dad get less cool everyday. With all the Bradley incidents, a lot of these moments were missed, and even for a little while last night, we had an amazing family moment. It was awesome. Of course, it wasn't without brain injury moments. Watching Brandon count the spaces on the board is painful. It's not one of those things you don't think he can't do, but well, he has a hard time with it. He wanted to figure out how much it would cost him to buy 6 houses at $1 Million each. He could not get it. Yes, we all had a good laugh. I don't know why sometimes these things can be so funny... but there was a lot of laughter. I hope that Brandon always means it when he laughs these things off. At times we talk about laughing our way through these issues. He finds humor in them... I would hate to think he hurts from them. I know I can tell when he isn't finding them funny... I really hope I am not missing it. I wish sometimes I knew what it was like for him, just to make sure we are helping him deal with all this. I wish there was a way to deal with all this. Another wish for the rewind button. These are the things no one warned me about growing up. Things you never imagined you'd have to deal with, losing people you love, watching your kids spread their wings... can suck from time to time. At least with the kids I am eager to see what they can accomplish, but not sure I am ready to let them go. I do know that isn't up to me... but I don't think Tyler is ready and Lou needs to finish high school. I'm sure he'll wait at least until that is over!
Two good days in a row. Fun with my boys. Laughing instead of crying. Not perfect, but mine, and I like it that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment