Nothing I hate more than waking up to an alarm clock during the summer. That's how the day started. Oh well, had to be done. Was showered and got the house all pretty in time to chill before the ladies from the VA arrived. I was hoping we would qualify for this program, and seems as though we have. WHEW. My second concern was it would be upsetting to Brandon discussing things about him, in front of him... but he ended up going upstairs about midway through and hasn't said anything about the things that were discussed when he was there. Naturally, he wanted to know what went on after he left, but somethings just don't need to be told. I am very impressed with my caregiver coordinator. She has the nicest voice over the phone, she is just the right combination of sympathetic/empathetic. You believe she means it when she says she hates to hear those things. I like her and am happy to have someone to help navigate the shark infested waters of the VA. Feels good to have someone on my side... even if she's just there because that is her job. She also had great advice from her previous job as an adoption worker. I think she is just the person I need dropped into my life. I was able to breathe a sigh of relief today. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
That was pretty much my day. Wasted some time discussing bacon on Facebook. Love a conversation that leaves your mouth watering. Had to endure the worst service ever at Taco Bell for dinner. It was ok, luckily for them, I was having a good day. Not even waiting 25 minutes because they said they had to fry Brandon's chalupa. Whatever. When we got the boys' food to take home... surprise, they made it wrong... TWICE. But, whatever.
Came home and talked on the phone. and talked. and talked. talked some more. Talked. Three hours and thirty minutes later, only due to a completely expired battery did our conversation end. My ear hurts and was quite sweaty. I can not believe that I talked on the phone that long. Some times though, I guess you just have to. I know I needed to hear another friendly voice and be reminded of the good people in my life. Too much time is wasted on those who don't give a crap. AHHH. I guess the phone at least bridges the miles. There are too many of those in between some of the people I adore. Thank goodness, at times, for the phone and I am so beside myself with giddiness that in only 16 days one of my bestest besties ever invented will be at my house. I'm back today at being a half full girl. I have to figure out how to not let some people take me down and focus on just how lucky I am. That is all that matters... I have those people in my life. And bacon.
No comments:
Post a Comment