Saturday, February 9, 2013
My color, invisible.
I would SWEAR on all that is holy that I am invisible. Sure, people can see me, they can ask me to do things, but for some reason, it is as if I do not exist. I am TRYING so very hard to change that. I am getting worn out trying to explain to people that if they could please take me and my feelings into consideration, that would be great. Being a caregiver has taken part of me away. It is like I have become a robot to care for my husband. I totally get that I am here to care for him, I am compensated to care for him, I want to care for him, but I NEED him to realize I am still a human. I do not exist solely to make his every whim possible. There is more to me. He's not getting it. I am NOT A FAN of brain injuries. I'm not a fan of wondering is this a brain injury thing, is he being a jerk, am I being a jerk???? I'm definitely not a fan of feeling like the world is moving around me and I'm just there waiting for someone to tell me what to do. I don't feel bad for myself, I know so many would appreciate my position over theirs, I know it could be much worse... I still just want this to get better. Like, now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment