I guess it is fairly certain for me to say, my life, at times, is busy. I wanted to make an effort to write here a lot. To document the things I go through, perhaps to look back and validate myself. Whatever. I have decided that I don't really care if others don't believe me when I tell them there are things I have to do. It's funny how many people really believe you owe them an explanation of why or why not. I hate to tell you all, you probably won't get that from me. This is a great example of that. This is something I want to do and I can't even find time to do this! Darn. I hate part of it because in my mind, my time off from school was going to be spent doing a whole lot of nothing and even more of whatever I wanted to do. I was excited to spend some girl time with T, and shoot, that isn't happening at all. Summer has made her life a little crazy and it sure has for mine. Another good lesson of don't make plans. Oh well, not complaining, I've been having some pretty good times as of late. The month kicked off with a visit from the best of the best friends. It was awesome to have her here. I love her like no one else, and she is always with me. I know what she would do and say, and even though I wish we were closer together in distance, she is such a part of me, it's like we really aren't that far apart. Being together, however, is just fantastic. It didn't matter if it was waiting for her to get off the plane, or chatting about the CRAZINESS that has found its way into our lives, talking about losing someone dear to each of us... whatever it was, it was better when she was here. It was a quick trip, but when she left it didn't seem like it went to fast. We definitely made the best of all the moments we had together. I loved that. I love my life in Alabama, and sharing that with someone I love like no other is my definition of perfection. Ahhhhh. Thankfully, the VA had its act together this month and $$ we have been waiting on showed up. That allowed for a little trip. We were hoping to go to Slidell, LA the 10th of July, but it was all depending on the VA. Never who I want to depend on for anything, but this time it all worked out. We took off a little early and went to Mobile. That was awesome. I had no idea we were that close and no idea that close to Mobile was Dauphin Island and Gulf Shores. Sure, I swam in the Gulf, but not too much. It was way outside of my comfort level. Ewwwww. I will stick to my story that I say flesh floating in the water. The boys thought I was overreacting, but Casey looked at it and he was convinced it was flesh as well. Sorry Gulf, I don't know if it is residual goo from the oil spill or what, but you are not as clean as Tybee Island! We made it into LA and got to meet up with Pat and Bill. At first, they were my neighbors WHEN I WAS BORN! Sure, they are like family now, especially since they have been a part of my entire life. It was soo good to see them, and see Billy, their grandson, and his wife, Betsy. Brandon couldn't help but to flirt with Nanny ( Pat's mom, in her 90s) and it was just an amazing trip. Sure, I could complain about the hotel fiasco, but it all worked out, and what mattered is we had fun, with fun people, and I would not change a minute of it!
Also, we have been waiting to hear what is up with the OG. His leg is sure giving him trouble and the doc put the fear of death into him. The 5th of July was his appointment, and his doc called in sick that day. He tried to reschedule his appointment, which he told me was Tuesday, and on Monday when we came home we had a nasty gram from the VA about missing his appointment on Thursday. Ahh, thank you brain injury. I think I finally have him convinced that he really can not do all this alone and sometimes we just have to let me do the things. The doc did call him back to tell him his results were negative. That is good news and he has agreed to stop acting like he is dying and concentrate on living. It was nice to hear him say that, because I couldn't take much more of the dying talk. Lord. Anyway, we are back to square one. Who knows what is up. I firmly believe that until it is something, it is nothing. Whatever it is, it really just doesn't control our lives and maybe we will give it a name of its own. I had suggested to the COG that we name it Gulf War Syndrome or deploymentitis... whatever he has to call it to help him accept that it isn't perfect, but he isn't dying from it... we'll see. We have some crazy deep conversations on the front porch now. I guess that is good. They have to be done somewhere and we both love the front porch. I keep telling him how much he needs to be thankful to have this TIME. Time to sit, time to talk, nothing but the time he always wanted. It has been nice. WHich, OMG, reminds me that I totally over looked mentioning we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Talk about a lot of time. It was an amazing day. I have not discussed anything about that day other than what we ate. That day, only belongs to us. It was pretty fabulous. He wanted to make a giant fuss and production about it, I said maybe at 25 since we won't really have to worry so much about kids then... but our day was perfect. There were a lot of years we were not even on the same continent. It was enough to know those days are over. It ended on the front porch. It was good.
And then, well, for tonight, I am done. Hopefully tomorrow isn't too crazy! Levi is done with speech, but Tyler and Joey have to finish up enrolling in college. I have already emailed my adviser to see what I need to do. Wednesday, T-time! Crossing my fingers that our celebration that day is of good news... because even though we are celebrating that day no matter what... truth is, it may not be good news and I will continue to pray that from now on our time is celebrated on good things, and the C is behind her for always and forever. I'm not asking much, just that! We'll know Wed.
No comments:
Post a Comment